Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Bane by Keary Taylor




The Bane by Keary Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Release Date: March 5, 2013

Summary from Goodreads:  Before the Evolution there was TorBane: technology that infused human DNA with cybernetic matter. It had the ability to grow new organs and limbs, to heal the world. Until it evolved out of control and spread like the common cold. The machine took over, the soul vanished, and the Bane were born. The Bane won't stop until every last person has been infected. With less than two percent of the human population left, mankind is on the brink of extinction.

Eve knows the stories of the Evolution, the time before she wandered into the colony of Eden, unable to recall anything but her name. But she doesn't need memories to know this world is her reality. This is a world that is quickly losing its humanity, one Bane at a time.

Fighting to keep one of the last remaining human colonies alive, Eve finds herself torn between her dedication to the colony, and the discovery of love. There is Avian and West – one a soldier, one a keeper of secrets. And in the end, Eve will make a choice that will change the future of mankind.

The Bane is The Terminator meets The Walking Dead with a heart-twisting romance.


From the first paragraph this book grabbed my attention and kept me drawn into its world. There was a lot of detail in building up this world filled with action and suspense. Unfortunately, I had a hard time believing in the love story at first, but it seemed to right itself later on.

Eve's personality seemed so frigid at first, I had a hard time getting to know her or believe that a love story could even evolve. How could others love her when she was just so... blah. Of course things fell into place at the right time, discovering the reasons behind all of it, and I began to fall for Eve's character. Well played!

The actions scenes were exciting and entertaining. Even though I am a woman who loves a good romance scene, I am one who gets just as worked up over some good action, fighting, and butt-kicking! This book had it all.

The biggest flaw I could find was character-building. Eve's character was done ok, but I felt that the other main characters..West and Avian needed a little more help with defining who they were. Especially in a love triangle situation, having all the fine details of each one is important.

Overall, I was completely entertained and was happy with a clean and fun read. I look forward to reading the next book in the Eden Series.

Thanks to NetGalley and Keary Taylor for allowing me to read it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...