Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

*New Adult* Holding On by Meg Jolie



Holding On by Meg Jolie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Summary:  

Quinn Johnson has known the McGrath boys for as long as she can remember.


Luke has been her best friend for most of her life. He’s always been there for her, catching fireflies with her, maneuvering the hazards of high school with her, attending college parties with her, and protecting her. He was the boy that she could always trust, the boy that stole her first kiss.

His older brother, Jake, was the one who teased them mercilessly while they were growing up. Yet, he was the one who would ultimately steal Quinn’s heart.

A surprise pregnancy and an unexpected tragedy are about to change everything.

Forever.

Friendship and family will be tested.

Quinn will find out that sometimes the only way to get through life is to hold on with everything you have. And other times…the only thing you can do is let go.


This book was a freebie I found on Kindle. I sometimes enjoy a good New Adult book if it's pretty clean. This one was cleaner than most and the story line was pretty good.

Most of the book felt like it was just character building. Don't get me wrong, I love diving into characters thoughts and getting to know them, but I just felt it was all the book was doing. In the middle of the book, I said.. Oh great, I know exactly where this is going.. so I kept waiting for something to happen, waiting for the big BAM of SOMETHING! When it did finally happen I was actually SHOCKED! Even though I felt like it was a long time coming, I didn't have a clue what it was going to be. It wasn't what I thought would happen!

I couldn't decide if I liked it to 4 stars or not, or maybe a 3.5. I think I didn't give it a 4 because it didn't give me much to latch on to until the end. I'm not sure if I will continue with the series, but my curiosity has grabbed me now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...