Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Shadow Allegiance by Lacy Yager



Shadow Allegiance by Lacy Yager
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Summary A vampire hunter-turned-vampire seeks to destroy her enemies. Until she falls for one of them.

A Chaser born to kill vampires, sixteen-year-old Rachel Campton has grown up in her older brother's shadow. Until she wakes up a vampire, her own mortal foe. She's stronger, faster than her human self, but haunted by bloodlust and the loss of her beloved younger sister. Friendless and lost in enemy territory, Rachel must rely on Alex Wellington, a former nemesis and centuries old vampire who looks like a college football player.

As Rachel goes deep into vamp territory, she learns there is more to the vampire life than killing humans. She also discovers another side to Alex. He is more than a murderer, he is someone that she starts to fall for. Rachel faces the ultimate choice--her new life and unexpected love or the family she left behind, the family that may now want her dead




First off, when I grabbed this off of NetGalley, I didn't realize it was the second book in a series. I was curious enough to find the first book and read it in order for Shadow Allegiance to make sense. So, my first complaint was that it was not evident enough (to me anyway) from the cover or the description to indicate it was a sequel.

Other than being a little frustrated having to find the first book, I enjoyed them both. They both were a quick enough read that I was able to plow right through both of them in no time. That being said, I think I would have liked a little more to each book. Especially the endings. It seemed things just came together too quickly and the romances were too quick to be believable.

The writing was done well, and the action was great! I immediately fell into the plot and picked my favorites quickly. I am all for books with different POV. Especially between heroine and hero, but in this book, there were too many to keep track. Trying to keep up with 3 of 4 became a chore when jumping between 3 different scenes that never seemed to come together completely. I realize that they all will come together eventually, in a different book in the series, but I still felt cheated out of one of the scenes.

This was a great clean read with no foul language and no sex scenes. Just some kissing. I would say it would be a great read for anyone over the age of 12.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for the chance to review this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...