Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Immortal City


Immortal City by Scott Speer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary:   Jackson Godspeed is the hottest young Angel in a city filled with them.

He's days away from becoming a full Guardian, and people around the world are already competing for the chance to be watched over by him. Everyone's obsessed with the Angels and the lucky people they protect - everyone except for Madison Montgomery.

Maddy's the one girl in Angel City who doesn't breathlessly follow the Angels on TV and gossip blogs. When she meets Jackson, she doesn't recognize him. But Jackson is instantly captivated by her, and against all odds the two fall in love.

Maddy is swiftly caught up in Jackson's scene, a world of glamour, paparazzi - and murder. A serial killer is on the loose, leaving dead Angels' wings for the police to find on the Walk of Fame. Even the Guardians are powerless to protect themselves in the face of this threat & and this time it's up to Maddy to save Jackson.


Oh my FREAKING heck! I just finished this book and can I say, This book totally ROCKED my world. I seriously have not been so sucked into a book like this one in a long, long time. I literally read it all in one day... I did stop to eat and go potty, but I am ready to pick it up and read it again!

Call me sexist, but when I first saw that a man wrote this book, I had my doubts. Now, let me explain. I have read some great books written by men, recent ones too, but I have not experienced one that totally RULED in action, drama, suspense,and romance... let's face it, romance is viewed a little differently for men. Scott Speer, you have succeeded in all this! I was swooning quite a few times actually, along with biting my fingernails as things got tense. There were so many twists and turns, and the ending.... UGH! So awesome, I just wanted more!

I thought this story-line was incredible, so original bringing Angels out as celebrities, their powers known to all. The characters were likable and inviting. Maddy was awesome and kick-butt. I love a girl who rejects the norm and puts people where they belong. Jackson..what a hottie! A man..er Angel, who is the best at what he does, kicks some serious booty and a heart of gold.. Perfect.

As far as I know there is supposed to be another book to this.. oh please, oh please, oh please. I will definitely look for it!

A clean book I would recommend.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...