Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1)

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Julie Kagawa brings Vampire to a whole new level, just as she did with Faeries in the Iron Fey series. In this, the first book, The Immortal Rules, of her new series Blood of Eden, she brings a post Apocalyptic twist with a young heroine who has to fight the demon her body demands she is.

"There will come a time when the road before you splits, and you must decide your path. Will you choose to become a demon with a human face, or will you fight your demon until the end of time, knowing you will forever struggle alone?"

Being honest, I am not a huge fan of dark books and I was a little bit skeptical about this one, especially about vampires. Trusting in Kagawa's writing, I took a chance. She focuses so much on her characters that I was immediately drawn in, falling for each one of them. Even the secondary characters had depth and a unforgettable presence.


Allison Sekemoto, the main character is totally kick-butt, as a human and a vampire. As a human, she struggles opening up to others, protecting herself from the death she is surrounded by. Fighting to survive daily, she has to put up huge walls. I feel it is only after she becomes a vampire when she realizes what she has lost... her humanity. She fights to keep it by forming relationships with others, creating bonds to keep the monster inside her from taking over. Meeting Zeke, the blonde-haired blue-eyed boy with a huge heart, with the weight of the world on his shoulders, opens up Allison's heart.

This book is dark, has some language, a lot of blood and violence. No F-bombs that I remember, but I would say this is more for those over 16 years of age.

I want to thank Harlequin Teen and NetGalley for making this available for my review.








View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. rnp3ctix

    fdf0r2bb

    f54yewr4t536

    f18j80dw

    mv3cm4mo

    ReplyDelete

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...