Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Temptation Review

TemptationTemptation by Karen Ann Hopkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Book Release date:  June 19, 2012

Your heart misleads you.  That's what my friends and family say.  But I love Noah. And he loves me.  We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other's arms. It should be  ROSE & NOAH forever, easy. But it won't be. Because he's Amish. And I'm not.

How could I pass up a book on forbidden love? Probably because I have experienced something similar to it not only once, but twice. Not with an Amish boy of course, but with other situations. One turned out heartbreaking and the other... well, I am married to him now.

The Amish have peeked my interest because where I grew up, there were many Mennonite colonies nearby and would see them in town often. I know they aren't the same, but have similar beliefs.

Then, I began reading and couldn't put it down. The characters were very well written, where your heart jumps out and wants to cheer for them. Reading both POV drew me in more. Growing up with a Strong religious background, I understood Noah's POV, but wanted him to experience Rose's joy of life and carefree ways.

I am craving the next book already! My stomach was full of butterflies for Rose when the book ended, which left me wanting more and more!

Thanks to Netgalley and HarlequinTeen for this opportunity to review a great story!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...