Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Review: Soulbound by Heather Brewer


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary on Goodreads:  Tril is a world where Barrons and Healers are Bound to each other: Barrons fight and Healers cure their Barrons' wounds in the ongoing war with the evil Graplar King. Seventeen-year-old Kaya was born a Healer, but she wants to fight. In Tril, and at Shadow Academy, where she is sent to learn to heal, it is against Protocol for Healers to fight. So Kaya must learn in secret. Enter two young men: One charming, rule-following Barron who becomes Bound to Kaya and whose life she must protect at all costs. And one with a mysterious past who seems bent on making Kaya's life as difficult as possible. Kaya asks both to train her, but only one will, and the consequences will change their lives forever.

This book was KICK-BUTT! It had me at the Cover and never let me down after that. I am a sucker for a book with lots of action, romance and a few hot guys!

My only problem with it was that it wasn't long enough! I felt it was a little lacking with details of Trayton (awesome name b.t.w.)and Kaya's more intimate moments. I didn't feel like they had bonded like the story indicated. So now I really don't know if I am on Traytons team or not. He sounds gorgeous, strong, protective, and a great guy, but not sure I am feeling the love.

The book didn't lack action. I felt like I was right in the middle of the fighting, wanting to grab my own Katara and join the battle. Graplers, nasty human-hunting creaters, gave me the willies.

Loved the story!!! As far as the writing goes, I felt I needed a few more details of her world... i.e. Her appearance, modern technology? (one place indicated no running faucet, and later had electricity) I know they seem just little minute things, but I am a stickler for details. I like to have a complete visual to my world when I am diving into a new book.

Even thought I thought the writing could have been a little more, I gave it 5 stars anyway because the story-line was so awesome! It was a clean book, but used fake words that sounded similar to bad language. Because of that I would suggest it be a book intended for mid-teens on up.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...