Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi



Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think this has to be one of my all time favorite Novellas (the .5's of series). I love Tahereh Mafi's writing so I decided I needed to add my 2 cents of this wonderful short story of Warner.

Oh Warner.. How I am so drawn to you. The bad boy of all bad boys! Broken, so broken and yet so unbelievably attractive. This book definitely changed my view on poor Warner. I read this before Unravel me so I went in with a whole new perspective since I finished Shatter Me.

Mafi is a genius.. Have I said that before? YES! Her talent far exceeds anything I have read in a long time. Her writing style is phenomenal, artistic, beautifully mastered. I can't say enough about it! Can you tell?

If you have read Shatter Me, this Novella is worth the quick read. It might change your whole idea of Warner!

 “She is a soft, deadly creature. Kind and timid and terrifying. She's completely out of control and has no idea what she's capable of. And even though she hates me, I can't help but be fascinated by her. I'm enchanted by her pretend-innocence; jealous, even, of the power she wields so unwittingly. I want so much to be a part of her world. I want to know what it's like to be in her mind, to feel what she feels. It seems a tremendous weight to carry.
And now she's out there, somewhere, unleashed on society.
What a beautiful disaster.”

Tahereh Mafi, Destroy Me

That traitorous bastard. The idiot who thinks he's won himself a pretty girl. He has no idea who she is. No idea what she'd about to become. And if he thinks he's even remotely suited to match her, he's even more of an idiot than I gave him credit for.”
Tahereh Mafi, Destroy Me   





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...