Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson

The Summer PrinceThe Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I received this book from NetGalley. The summary seemed so captivating describing Brazil in the future, which intrigued me.
I dove into this book expecting lots of vibrant colors, a world full of ancient history as well as futuristic technology. This part did not disappoint. Even though I was confused by a few words which I later figured out as I went on, the world Johnson created was beautiful. A place run by women. Then I hit a wall. The romance just took a weird turn, with insta-love and a different kind of love triangle that I just didn't care for.
To be honest, I didn't finish this book, so not sure this review is as complete as it could have been, but I just couldn't keep reading it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...