Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan



Invisibility by Andrea Cremer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Summary:  Stephen has been invisible for practically his whole life — because of a curse his grandfather, a powerful cursecaster, bestowed on Stephen’s mother before Stephen was born. So when Elizabeth moves to Stephen’s NYC apartment building from Minnesota, no one is more surprised than he is that she can see him. A budding romance ensues, and when Stephen confides in Elizabeth about his predicament, the two of them decide to dive headfirst into the secret world of cursecasters and spellseekers to figure out a way to break the curse. But things don’t go as planned, especially when Stephen’s grandfather arrives in town, taking his anger out on everyone he sees. In the end, Elizabeth and Stephen must decide how big of a sacrifice they’re willing to make for Stephen to become visible — because the answer could mean the difference between life and death. At least for Elizabeth.

WOW... This is so not what I thought it was going to be! I even (mistakenly) thought it would be lame. How can you really make a story, especially with romance involved, interesting when one person is invisible? Boy was I ever wrong!

Listening to this book was an added bonus to the beautiful writing. The narrators were AWESOME! They did an amazing job bringing the characters to life. Each chapter changed point of views switching between Steven and Elizabeth. LOVE LOVE LOVE that! I fell in love with Steven right from the very beginning.. wandering through life not just ignored but completely void from everyone and everything. He could only watch other peoples lives never to be part of them, until one day... SHE SEES HIM!

Elizabeth. Not exactly my favorite person in the story. She was just too abrasive, stubborn, and a little selfish at times. I know I may be in the minority, but I don't like heroines who end up being the martyr. I understand this is an equal-opportunity world and I'm very glad it is, BUT... I still am old fashioned in some ways, wanting men to be MEN!(Ok, off my high-horse.)

Oh how I enjoyed Laurie! When I first heard his name, I was thinking he was a girl. NOPE! When I realized it was a Little Women reference, I had to smile. His personality brought so much light, joy and laughter to the pressing issues they were faced with. Laurie was definitely my favorite!!

FINALLY!! An ending I can live with!! No huge cliffhanger! This left me satisfied but yet leaving me wanting questions answered. It was great!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...