Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hallowed





Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After not fulfilling her purpose -the thing she was created to do-, Clara tries to figure out if there is more to that fateful day of the fire, when she was supposed to save Christian Prescott. She also starts having a recurrent dream where she discovers she will lose someone she loves within months. Clara is torn between her deep new feelings toward Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker. She continues being drawn into the battle between Black Wings and White wings while learning more and more about herself, her family and what part she plays in all this.

I knew that Christian had to make a big comeback in this book because I didn't feel like I got to know him at all. As much as he was made to be some kind of mysterious, gorgeous, hunk, and the fact he was Clara's purpose, I knew I was in for a lot of Christian. I was not disappointed at all, my feelings for Christian grew to love him as much as I do Tucker. Christian is determined, but patient with Clara, being her friend and helping her with "Angel" things that Tucker couldn't know or understand. Even when Clara was pushing him away, Christian didn't give up on her.

Oh Tucker! How could you not love Tucker and Clara's relationship? So wonderful and warm, despite all the huge and larger than life things Clara can do, they still are the average teenage couple; telling jokes, laughing, playing, kissing, going to dances, breaking rules, getting caught,and grounded. Clara fights to hang on to what they have.

Clara is stubborn, rebelling against her purpose which includes Christian. She fights to change her visions because she wants to be in charge of her life, not what is expected of her. As life changes, her graduation coming up, blackwings wanting her, the death of someone coming up, Clara has to grow up quickly and make some serious decisions.

Ms. Hand created one of the best young adult romances that I have read. My heart was breaking at the end of this book, but for some reason I felt at peace with it. I look forward to the next book of this series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...