Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Shadows (Lux 0.5)

Shadows (Lux, #0.5)Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Summary:  The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. Captivated. Lured. Loved.  Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.

As much as I loved Obsidian, I enjoyed this one as well. This is a Prequel to Obsidian, and gave a lot more background to Daemon and his attitude.

This book focused on Dawson, Daemon's brother, whose personality is completely opposite of Daemon. Without giving any spoilers away to both this book or Obsidian will be difficult, but I am giving it a try.

Dawson ends up falling for Bethany, which is against the rules with their kind. Having fun with humans is ok, but they cannot ever find out their real identity. That could be the death of both of them. The love and connection that both Bethany and Dawson end up feeling pushes away the need to stay safe.

The reason I gave this book 3 stars instead of 4 was because I felt like it was too close of a repeat to Obsidian. Sure the people and personalities are different, but I felt like I was reading Obidian again at times. Similar things happen in this book as they did in the other and I felt a little jipped. As much as I love the series, I was a little disappointed in this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...