Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Covet by Melissa Darnell



Covet by Melissa Darnell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Summary:  Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart. Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilities. But try telling her heart. Now, lost in a sea of hostile Clann faces, Sav tries to come to terms with what she's becoming and what that means for her future. And that someone is doing their best to bully her into making a terrible mistake.

Tristan can't believe Sav won't even talk to him. If being apart is her decision, fine. Just don't expect him to honor it. But even as he prepares to fight for the girl he loves, forces beyond their control take them both in directions neither could have foreseen or prepared for.

A reckoning is coming…and not everyone will survive.


Covet took off right where Crave ended. That scored high for me, I don't feel like I have lost any part of the story, and it drives me nuts starting all over again, trying to figure out where I am.

Savannah grew up quickly. She took responsibility for her reckless behavior and tried to keep away from Tristan for his own safety. Tristan was obsessed with finding a way they could be together. They both fought through jealousies and anger that they couldn't change who they were and were forced to stay away.

I felt the first part of this book was a little slow, dragging out the whole "I can't have you's" and how it tortured both of them. But by the time the second half rolled in, it really picked up, secrets were revealed with action and fighting. I was lost and couldn't pull myself away and ended up staying up way late saying.. one more chapter.

More characters were introduced, nothing too confusing, and added that much more to the plot. The characters really developed in this book, growing more and more interest.

If you still like a good vampire book, this is for you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...