Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary: Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…




And the action-packed-swoon-worthy-frustratingly-sexy-suspense-thrilling-turn-taking fun just keeps on going in the 2nd book!

I don't know how Ms. Armentrout does it, but she did not miss a beat! Usually "middle" or 2nd books seem to drag or just give a "lull" to the rhythm and beat of a storyline. Sooooo not the case! I was sitting on the edge of my seat and I couldn't put this down! This is FAR better than the first book!! Her writing just brings her world to life on page, it drew me in and I fell in love with the characters, both main and secondary.

Getting to know Daemon a little differently this time was fun, but I still liked the full-blown-sexually-tensed arguments he and Katy got into. I enjoyed watching their relationship change, their personalities grow and the secrets unfold. Their crazy relationship got so frustrating at times, but I couldn't help but cheer for it to work out.

A new boy comes in.. Blake. Lets just say I had suspicions about him from day one, but most of all, he was just blah. How could he even compare to Daemon?? No contest! There were many times where I wanted to grab Katy and shake her and love her at the same time. I think Katy may be my new favorite heroine of all time. I love her attitude and strength, her stubbornness causes her grief and problems, but it is what makes her so great!

Now that Katy and Daemon are connected, things change in their relationship. Katy can't forget what a jerk Daemon has been in the past and can't see that their attraction and feelings for each other could be more than their strange alien bond. She fights against those feelings, not wanting what happened to Daemons brother, happen to Daemon. Things heat up, but Daemon decides to show her a new side. YES, I really said Daemon, A sweet and caring side... shocker!! How did he put it? "I'm turning into a pansy"? OH, I beg to differ Mr. Black! I would NEVER call you that!

The DOD comes snooping around, and tension falls on all of Katy, Daemon, Dee, and the rest of them. Knowing who to trust becomes more difficult than ever for Kat. while trying to figure out what happened to her after Daemon healed her, she changes in many ways.

As much as I loved this, I have to warn my readers that this isn't a book I would let anyone under 17 read. There are sexual situations, a little language and violence.

Just had to add one of my favorite parts of the book... a little "teaser".

“You are a terrible liar. You do want this. Just as badly as I do.”
My mouth opened, but no words came out.
“You want this as badly as you want to go to ALA this winter.”
Now my jaw was on the floor. “You don’t even know what ALA is!”
“American Library Association midwinter event,” he said, grinning proudly. “Saw you obsessing over it on your blog before you got sick. I’m pretty sure you said you’d give up your firstborn child to go.”
Yeah, I kind of did say that.
Daemon eyes flashed. “Anyway, back to the whole you wanting me part.”
I shook my head, dumbfounded.
“You do want me.”
Taking a deep breath, I struggled with my temper… and my amusement. “You are way too confident.”
“I’m confident enough to wager a bet.”
“You can’t be serious.”
He grinned. “I bet that by New Year’s Day, you will have admitted that you’re madly, deeply, and irrevocably—”
“Wow. Want to throw another adverb out there?” My cheeks were burning.
“How about irresistibly?”
I rolled my eyes and muttered, “I’m surprised you know what an adverb is.”
“Stop distracting me, Kitten. Back to my bet—by New Year’s Day, you’ll have admitted that you’re madly, deeply, irrevocably, and irresistibly in love with me.”
Stunned, I choked on my laugh.
“And that you dream about me.” He released my arm and folded his, cocking an eyebrow. “I bet you’ll even admit that. Probably even show me your notebook with my name circled in hearts—”
“Oh, for the love of …”
Daemon winked. “It’s on.”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...