Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Protecting Truth by Michelle Warren



Protecting Truth by Michelle Warren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary:   Seraphina’s keeping a secret from her Wandering team: she’s perfecting her fighting skills. But telling Sam and Bishop the truth would only alert them to her plan: to go back in time, save her mom, and finish what she started. With the help of Turner, Bishop’s handsome twin, she progresses toward her goal but plummets deeper into dangerous territory where the lines of friendship and romance are blurred. One passionate kiss changes everything, leading Sera to unravel a shocking web of family secrets, heartbreaking ulterior motives, and sinister agendas. Love and lies collide in a haunting climax, where the truest souls may not survive.

Wait... What?... Turner?! Lots of secrets... LIES! Is anyone who they say they are? WOW!! My brain is trying to catch up with all that happened in this book! I will have to read it again just to make sure it is the same book I started with!

Michelle Warren sure didn't hold back when writing the second book in the Saraphina Parrish Series! From start to finish it was action-packed with so many reveals!! I couldn't believe this is only book 2. I almost thought this was the end of the series because so much was going on with the characters, truths coming out, answering so many questions Sera had... and THEN SOME! I was completely shocked! Usually I can see where things might be going, especially in a second book, predicting the established characters actions... BUT!!! This caught me completely off guard, which left me wanting MORE MORE MORE!

The complexity of time travel upped a notch this go round. Following who and what was done in the past or real time seemed to meld together, giving the reader a lot to think about. This brought a lot of "ah-ha!" moments to me.

Turner... without giving much away, he became my new favorite. Of course mysterious-dangerous-forbidden-dark-brooding-sexy-bad-boys usually wins my heart. What happens will make you want to laugh, scream and cry. I will be waiting (not very patiently) for the next book.

Thank you Michelle Warren for giving me this wonderful opportunity to read and share your beautiful work!

Sneak Peek!

PROTECTING TRUTH by Michelle Warren
After returning from Paris, Bishop and I ambled, hands entwined, to our dorm apartment. We stopped at the front door and faced each other. As soon as our eyes met, he closed the distance between us in one determined motion, melding our bodies together. He placed his full, warm lips over mine, kissing me with a sweet and controlled intensity. His cupped hands caressed my cheeks, and I wrapped my arms around his waist.
The intimate moment was short. I jumped, startled when someone nearby cleared his throat. Bishop and I turned to see a boy standing down the hall, leaning against a wall. The shadows of the hallway swallowed his body, hiding his features. A nearby flickering lamp only revealed the golden contours of his face and shoulder.
“Brother,” the boy said sternly and nodded at Bishop. He crossed his arms and took a confident step forward.
“Turner.” Bishop stiffened and nodded.
Animosity thickened the air. Immediately, though I’d never met Bishop’s fraternal twin, Turner, I wanted to escape and leave them to talk.
“Sera.” Bishop turned to me. “I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” He kissed me on the forehead and opened the apartment door. He guided me in, pressing his palm into my back, shuffling me away. I looked over my shoulder, catching a glimpse of Turner. Our eyes met as he walked into the light. An inquisitive expression crossed his face, and then he grinned in such a way that forced my heart to skip a beat.
“Wait, um, okay. Night,” I said confused, looking between the two.
The door shut tight, severing me from their tension. Muffled noises of an intense conversation trickled through the door. What they discussed, I couldn’t make out. But soon the tones turned irate, voices raised. Someone was thrown against the door with a violent smash. They’d broken into a fight.
I rushed and swung the door open, but to my shock, the two were gone and the halls were empty.
“Bishop,” I called, leaning out. My voice echoed, but no one answered.
“Bishop?” I stepped from the apartment, scanning the hallways, worried.
“I’m here.” Bishop crept from the darkness, his face red. I detected a slight limp in his step and ran to him.
“What happened? Are you okay?” I eyed his leg and reached for it. “I heard you two arguing. You said you didn’t get along, but…”
“It’s nothing, truly. Just a normal brotherly scrap,” he interrupted, and wrapped his good arm around my back to guide me inside.

OOOOOOHHHHHH, this is so GOOD!!  Enjoy!!

To view Michelle Warren's website, go Here.
Other Social media:  

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/MichelleWarrenAuthor
Goodreads:  http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4097828.Michelle_Warren
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/#!/MMichelleWarren

Here is my review of "Wander Dust", the first book in this series:  Here

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...