Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Sweet Evil



Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

 Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


I read this book via ebook last summer and enjoyed it. I had the chance to listen to the audio format and felt I had to add another star. I fell in love with this book even more!!

As I have stated before.. I am a HUGE SUCKER for bad-boys, especially ones with good intentions and Kaiden is that and a bag of chips! Who could possibly pass up a mouth-drooling Nephilim bad boy with an English accent? Not me!

Anna. I loved her even though she seemed to come off a little "preachy" at times, but she was sincere in her intentions. A lot of other YA Heroines come off a little bratty, but Anna truly seems genuine in her heart. Sure she a few pout-y moments, but most girls do at age 15. Her best friend Jay is pretty awesome. He keeps to the guy friend agenda and doesn't seem to have the I'm secretly in love with you going on.

Oh Kopano.. The large, mysterious, quiet, do-good-er. Sadly he was a little scarce in the book, but when he was there he was known. I enjoy a man who knows what he wants, doesn't play games and goes after it.

Higgins does a great job building characters, especially the secondary ones. I had no problem getting drawn into them almost as much as Anna and Kaiden. The next book cannot come soon enough!



 

For more Kaiden... be sure to catch these extras on Wendy Higgins Website



Rating: 17+ some language and sexual situations.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...