Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Release Date: March 19, 2013

Summary (Goodreads):  Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.


WOW! Just WOW! I really don't know what to say about this except that it just floored me! I was so engrossed in this book that is was really difficult to put it down! There were so many shocking twists that left my mouth literally hanging open, with my hand over my mouth!

Let me say... THIS is the best book of the whole ShadowHunter world! I liked this series better than the Mortal Instruments, but this book took the cake of them all! Cassandra Clare is pure genius, I don't know how she was able to go from American modern English writing to Victorian English writing from one series to the next. Plus bringing in Characters, terms, and weapons back into the past was brilliant.

Once again, the characters both first and secondary continued to grab my heart. Even the cat, Church, was endearing in his own way. The details Clare brought to the pages were undeniably captivating.

Tessa, Tessa, Tessa.. I was a little disappointed by her easiness to "move on" in her love life. I was team Will in the first book, the Clockwork Angel, but by the second, The Clockwork Prince, I was a complete team Jem! Still am! I can't go into much more without giving away too much.

I know Cassandra Clare is working on another series in the Shadowhunter World and I imagine it will be just as great as these have been. I am also looking forward to the movie City of Bones!!
Here is the movie trailer if you haven't seen it already!  
Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...