Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa


The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Release date:  April 30, 2013

Summary:  Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.



I think I forgot how dark this series is because it took me quite a while to really get used to it, but by then end, I was completely into it!
After I started reading, I remembered how Kagawa leaves out few details in her writing. Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue) said this: "Is Julie Kagawa a vampire? Seriously, she writes Allie's character as if she herself has gone through the transition from human to vampire". I couldn't have put it better! I don't know how she does it, but THIS is what I would have imagined what being a vampire would be like... How I would feel if I woke up one day with a monster/demon inside me fighting to take over my humanity.
Julie Kawaga took this book to a whole different place I thought it would lead. Jackal?! Really?? I couldn't decide if I hated him or loved him! I have to admit I loved his banter with his "little sister" comments. I was almost convinced Jackal had true sibling feelings toward Allison. Well..maybe I am a little convinced.

"No problem, little sister." The leer returned, making him look normal again. "Comment number one--how much do you weigh to snap the bridge like that? I thought you Asians were supposed to be petite and dainty."

 Okay, moment over. I sheathed my blade and glared at him.   "And here I almost thought you weren't a complete bastard."

 "Well, that's your mistake, not mine."


So I thought the whole Allie/Zeke thing was over in the last book, but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't. Zeke is really one Bad-A human. My heart was going to burst just imagining myself in his shoes, but of course he totally ROCKED! And "vampire girl"? I had to keep reminding myself in my head she wasn't a 6'foot-giant-vamp-lady, but a tiny Asian girl. Kinda hard seeing her so small when she can kick-butt!
For those looking for a romantic-sparkle-y-vamp-series, this is NOT one! These are real vampires(as real as you can get) with real blood who are crazy/evil... and are great if you like the darker books. Because of said evil and darkness, I would recommend this to older Young Adult/Teens.

Thanks to NetGalley and HarlequinTeen for the book to review!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...