Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Wide Awake by Shelly Crane


Wide Awake by Shelly Crane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book really warmed my heart! Having dealt with a teen who had a brain tumor, this book touched me. The brain is a mysterious thing. Crane brought to light so many important issues that come with tragic accidents, especially as a teenager. Life changes us, we become someone else when huge changes and challenges force us to look at life differently.

Emma can't remember her life before, there is only after. After she wakes from a coma that she has been in for 6 months, she has to learn how to walk, eat, brush her teeth all over again. Only with Mason, her physical therapist does she gain strength to work hard, to regain her life back. Her parents and her boyfriend pressuring her to be the person she was before, she struggles as she realizes she doesn't like that girl. Emma makes a decision to be who she is now and mourn the loss of who she was. Her parents find that difficult to accept. Mason..... ahhh, sweet Mason with the tattoos and heart of gold gives Emma her strength.

I really liked the flow of the book, but I felt there were a lot of mistakes that an Editor would have caught. Other than that I thought it was a great read. I read it all in one day and didn't want to put it down.

It was a read that had a few bad words, some intense make-outs but no sex scenes. I would recommend this to readers over 16.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...