Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand


I fell in love with this story. I am a huge Angel fan, and I am a rebel at heart. So without giving too much away, this was right up my alley.
Clara just found out that she is part angel and that she has a certain purpose to fulfill in her life.  When she starts having visions of what her purpose will be, her family moves from California to Jackson Hole, Wyoming so she will be able to complete it.  Christian is the boy from her visions, but Clara can't figure out what her purpose with him will be.  She can't afford to be distracted, but when Tucker becomes someone she can trust, she has to make a dicision that could tear her heart into pieces. 

Clara's personality reminds me of myself, especially at that young age; torn between doing what is "right" or expected of you and following your heart. I believe that 17 is a very difficult age;  deciding on education, career, and what "purpose" to accomplish in the future are all thoughts that these kids stress about. I enjoyed how the plot focused on Clara's purpose which I think I could apply in my own life.
This is a clean, fun, and suspensful book. The fact that it took place in Jackson Hole, Wyoming (near where I live) added to my interest. Can't wait for book 2! Can I say that I am "team Tucker" right now? Who can resist a cute cowboy who loves his horse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...