Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What I just loved about this book is Cassandra's phenomenal story of the Shadowhunters placed back in time to the the late 1870's. I was very leary of the idea when it was first published, but I had heard so many good things about it, so I caved and read it. I am so glad I did.

I am not nearly an expert on the English language, nor have I read much of the old English classics like Pride and Prejudice, but I completely enjoyed the old way of speaking. Everyone calling each other by "miss or Mr.", the clothes they wear, even the way one jokes with another. All this while fighting demons, vampires, and the likes. It was a nice change.
This is a prequel series to Cassandra Clare's series of "The Mortal Instruments". I am not a huge fan of prequels myself, but the Infernal Devices #1 begins with a few hints and explanations to the first series. So much detail has been thought out to bring these series together.
Tessa, an orphan, is sent from New York, to meet up with her brother in London after their Aunt, who raised them, dies. She isn't met by her brother at the docks in London, but two women who claim to know him well. Tessa soon learns the world isn't as she always believed it to be, monsters do exist and she is one of them. She is saved by Shadowhunters from the women who tortured her into learning her new abilities. Will, the tall dark and extremely handsome man is the one who saves her. His moodiness, boldness and out right hurtful comments baffle tessa. The Shadow hunters take Tessa in and offer to help find her brother. Tessa is able to help her new friends find those who are trying to kill off the Nephilim race, while searching for her brother with her new ability.
I am looking forward to the next book, Clockwork Prince, as Will, Tessa and Jem continue with the story. I can't wait to see how both series completely come together.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

top navigation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...